Monday morning she didn't improve so they stared IV antibiotics. By the afternoon she looked wonderful, eyes were opening, limbs moving around, and her skin was beautiful. We were so happy:
Monday evening however, she took a turn for the worst, and stopped breathing. They had to put a mask on her and give here more forceful oxygen. She looked lethargic, and the nurse said she looked septic. Apnea and sepsis carries a much more severe prognosis, so I was very worried.
Late last night, she seemed to take a miracle turn for the better. The nurses were able to wean her off the oxygen, and she was breathing on room air without difficulty. Last night were were able to hold her in our arms. We went from worry to excitement. She tolerated her bath, and today she was finally able to take milk.
This is her before she was completely off the oxygen:
So it has been a roller coaster. It appears that she is doing well, and we will be excited to take her home. If all goes well, we may be able to take here home on Thursday after she finishes her course of antibiotics. We are so fortunate that she is doing well. She is absolutely beautiful. Amazing to be so excited about the simple things of holding your baby, giving her a bath, and watching her eat. Hope has been a long time in the works for us and we couldn't be happier. I know many people have lent us faith and prayers for which we are truly grateful. So many people are concerned and praying for Hope. Our heart goes out to those who go through more tumultuous times. She really is a miracle to us, and an example of how much good there is in the world.
18 comments:
Hey Aubree,
I just found your blog through Katie Hafens. Congrats on the baby. I hope everything works out for the best for you.
-Bonnie Stewart Foley
What a little trooper!!! She is so dang cute, I can't stop looking at all of the pics...and so much hair! I am so sorry that you have all had to go through such scary times with Hope, but what a little fighter! We are praying for you all and hope that you are able to take her home soon. Thank you for keeping everyone updated, I know we have been worried and thinking about all of you lots. Sending you hugs and kisses...keep getting stronger Hope...go Hope go!!!
We are praying for your little Hope and your family. Hopefully everything will work out so you can take her home on Thursday. Your family is so strong...and I know that Hope can feel of the love you have for her. Hang in there!!!
We are so glad things are going better for Hope and all of you. We will certainly keep you in our prayers!
We love ya
She is a chubby, brunette Addy!! What a doll! We're so glad to hear that she is doing better, and our thoughts are prayers continue to be with your family and sweet baby, Hope. We love you guys!
OH Aubs she is soo special. I cried reading this post. She is a fighter alright! I am glad that things are looking up. You will in our prayers! Take Care!
What a sweet, beautiful little baby you have! I love the pictures and I'm so relieved to hear that she is doing better. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Your faith amazes me!!! I am so happy that Hope is doing better, we've been praying for her and for you all! THanks for being so inspiring to us all, Hope fits into your family, with her strong will and desire! Yep, she's proved herself!! She takes after her parents and her Grandma Mitchell!!! We love you, wish we could be there and can't wait to see you in a month or so!
We've been praying for y'all. You are sure one amazing family and we feel lucky to know you. :) Hope is just so beautiful!
I love Hope! Can't wait till you bring her home so I can give her kisses! :)
Hey guys, Hope is so beautiful and we are so grateful she is doing so well. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We can't wait to see her and spoil her. Tell Addie she is going to be a wonderful big sister. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Love, Ali's Clan, & Cathy's Clan
we are idiots and don't know how to post comments. So I guess we are anonymous. (Ali and Cathy)
Beautiful baby. I am glad things are going better for her. I hope she gets to come home tomorrow. Your family is in our prayers. Kami
It's so good to hear good news. We have all been praying for your family. These roller coaster rides are not fun, but they do help us appreciate the small things and to see miracles all around us.
You are in our thought and prayers. Hope is aptly named:) Hope all is well and boring as can be soon. Our little munchkins did 3 wks NICU on the roller coaster ride but are running around like healthy little crazies today. That'll be Hope soon! Take care of yourself Aubree and take it easy.
She is so beautiful! You guys did such a good job! I'm so glad she's getting better. I can't imagine how hard her illness has been for you. Congratulations on your beautiful little Hope!
I am so glad things are going better for you guys. She looks like Addy! Congratulations - you are so deserving of this miracle!
Oh My!!! I am so glad she improved so quickly. What a scare!!! The NICU is no fun and when you have medical background and understand all of the implications it's scary to have all that happen to YOUR baby! So glad she's alright!!!
Post a Comment