Saturday, December 13, 2014

As you all might not know, my Grandma and Grandpa are here.   We have been traveling the country of India.

On Saturday, we went to some caves.  They built a temple out of the cave over 1000 years.  When I walked in the caves, I felt like I was walking into the past.  I could see the old engravings on the wall.  My grandma felt out of place, and was not able to feel the complete reverence that the natives felt.  God loves all his children.   I didn’t feel the spirit of reverence, but I liked touching the walls of 1,000 year old construction.  There was an old bearded man who came in chanting.  He paid respect by bowing to the idol.

On Sunday, we went to our new church in Mumbai. The church moved from Vashi to Gotekapal. It was a great church, compared to the old church in Mumbai.  We came late, so I was thinking no one thought we were going to make it.  They were so happy to see us when we arrived.  I got a Christmas present from Sister Keller.  It was a scripture bag with a Book of Mormon inside. 

On the way to church, we got pulled over because our driver wasn’t in a uniform.  We paid a police officer 500 Rupees bribe so we could get to church.

On Monday we were in Jaipur so we got a tour guide and went around the city. We got to, first charm cobra, second visit a 1,000 year old castle, third ride elephants fourth see pink everywhere ( it’s called the Pink City) , fifth see the water castle, sixth go the 2 museums, and seventh see a different castle were the king still lives with his family ( he was adopted and is 16 right know). As you tell I didn’t have time to write my blog.

 Tuesday. Here is the summery I am in a Tempo Traveller that is very nice with 9 other people, and 3 of those people (Hayden, Hope, Miles) are VERY LOUD!!!!!! So even though it is a big car I feel like I am at a singing competition with 10 of the worst singers in the world. But it all pays off when they are watching the Ipad and I lean my chair back.
When we got to the Taj Mahal on Tuesday, we took a camel to the place where we get tickets. After we got the tickets when walked to see the Taj. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.  It still appeared original.  I felt like I was walking into it as if I was there the day it opened,  350 years ago. There is no way to properly describe it in words, but I will try. It was almost pure white.  It was made up of the 2nd strongest material on the earth, a special type of marble. The entire complex was symmetrical, with the exception of an Arabic script.  There was a special type of marble that lights up like fire when light flashes through.   
We got to go in, but we had to wear shoe covers. Inside they had the tomb of the  king and the queen. We walked around for awhile the went home. It was an experience I will never forget.


Wednesday we got on a train that goes on for 20 hours. We had four beds that were actually a little soft.  They served us ice cream, which I thought was better than dinner.  We also had snacks, samosas (which is grease with more grease and a tiny little potato – I still like them).

Going to the Taj Mhal.


 Miles is always like 'don't mess with me!'



 If you look closely you can see tear stains on Hopes face ( we finally got her to smile).




View from the top of a 350 year old castle.



ELEPHANTS!!!

No comments: