Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Letter to Nate #2, July 27th, 2011

Hey Nate,

So I just typed this huge email all about how naughty Hayden is, and just as I was finishing, he climbed under the computer and turned off the power switch. The little stinker. I was so bummed, but when I restarted the computer, most of it was still here! So here's your email about how naughty my little boy is. :)

We miss you so much! Addy still has your picture up on her nightstand and Hope still prays for you twice during every prayer. I know Laursie misses you because she's been home alone pretty much for the last couple of weeks and posts on facebook that she wishes you were there. We're so proud of what you're doing though. You're attitude, example and testimony bless all of us so much.

We head to Utah in 2 DAYS!! This Friday!! We can't wait! Craig will come for the first week, then has to come back for work. The kids and I stay til Aug 25th! I know it will go by way fast though. It will be busy with family reunions, trips to SL, boating, swimming, seeing friends, etc.

So here's a funny little story that happened yesterday. Hayden, only ONE-year-old, started a FIRE. He opened up a 400 degree oven, threw in a plastic toy truck, closed the oven, and watched it burn. He was so proud of himself. Hope tattled on him and I was able to put the fire out with an oven mit and a spatula. He is following in his sister's footsteps. Luckily Hope is starting to calm a little bit. She's become the official tattler on Hayden. She's always saying, "Hayden hit me....Hayden poked me... Hayden climbed on the table, ...Hayden went outside....Hayden's in the toilet, etc. Oh, that reminds me of another story. After Hayden flushed a toy car down the toilet we had to have the plumber fish it out for $250, Craig bought a lock mechinsim for the toilet seat. After being on there for one day, I went in the bathroom to find the mechanism disassembled IN THE TOILET, along with like 5 other things, shampoo, a toothbrush, soap, etc. He sure showed us! lI guess it's good that I always know what he's into because of Hope, but she says it in a whiny tattle-tale voice. Hayden copies everything she does so he uses the tattle voice when he's trying to mimic her. It's pretty funny.

Our new baby is going to be a sweet, cuddly, little mama's boy. He's GOT to be.

I hope you have a great week on the mission! Work hard!!

Love,

Aubree

3 comments:

Susan said...

hahaha! i laughed so hard about the fact that he took off the toilet seat lock and put it in the toilet. What a crazy kid he is! Sounds like you definitely deserve a cuddly, mellow 4th baby! :D

*Jane Lee* said...

Aubree, I can't believe little Nate is on his mission! He was teeny tiny the last time I saw him! Weird. If you have time when you come to SL, I'd love to get together. Maybe let all our naughty kids play at a park for a while or something? I've got 3 boys, so just picture Hayden times 3. Yeah. Anyway, you can text me when you're in town if you have time to meet up. 801 231 3421.

Peck Family said...

SUSAN SO DID I. HOW FUNNY! Aubree you forgot to mention that Hope says her adult voice in a southern bell swing accent. "Honey...."