Monday, April 20, 2009

What we've been up to....

BABY BALLERINAS



Heather took these awesome pictures of my girlers. I LOVE them. Especially the one where Hopes hands are like a bunny (that one's for you Mom & Lauren!!) and the one where she's pointing her toe. She's talented. Addy was a little sickly that day so most of the ones of her turned out a little groggy looking, but she perked up for a few of them!
Well, there is way more than I can to blog about now, so Ill give a recap and hopefully give more details later.

DISNEYLAND 2009 #1...
We took a Spring Break vacation to the one, the only Disneyland! It was great fun to be with my family, the Fries, Junior, Kaely and Adrienne. Addy decided she liked Space Mountain after she realized in runs on a track (I guess she thought we were really just soaring through space!)

Addy got to go on stage with Cinderella!

Standing in line for Soarin'.

Hope with Nana and Papa



DETROIT
Since we matched in Detroit we took a trip out there to look for a house. We had a fun educational adventure although it was very stressful at times. It snowed (in Apirl!!) We visited the beautiful Kensington park where I hope to do many a long run. We made 2 offers on 2 houses neither of which were accepted. We have decided to rent for awhile and hopefully something will come up while we're there. We sure missed Addy....we didn't see her for 11 days! That was way too long.

The snow...



EASTER
Easter was fun! It was hard to spend it in the absence of our usual traditions with extended family. I miss the "Egg Bust" in Santa Clara, the "adult" Easter egg hunt with the Hunters, and the impossible-to-find Easter baskets my dad, I mean the Easter Bunny, always hides.
We went to 2 easter egg hunts. One here at the apartments with lots of friends and the annual Easter egg hunt that the school always puts on. The Easter bunny was there and boy did Hope love him! Most of the kids were afraid of the oversized rabbit, but Hope couldn't get enough.
We started some of our own tradidtions...we colored Easter eggs as a family. Craig taught us a cool trick that if you color the egg with a crayon before you dye it, it looks really sweet!
We had an awesome day with the Hursts and their family. YUMMY food and GREAT company! I went all out and decorated a cake to slightly resemble an Easter egg basket. Go me!












SEDONA camping trip with friends.
The Pecks, Danterfields, Thomas', and Frosts and us took a trip to Sedona for a last hurrah before graduation. It was so much fun!!!! Although cold in the night, I got a good nights sleep thanks to Craig. He and Hope shared a sleeping bag and....well you know about that if you've ever shared a sleeping bag with a baby on a cold night in the wilderness.
Addy had a blast with her friends exploring nature and going on "adventures" a plenty. We spent the next day at Slide Rock. It was a beautiful canyon that reminded me a lot of the back country Subway hike at Zion. There were natural slides in the rocks making it a fun recreational area. The water was FREEZING, but Addy and I braved the frigid temperatures to try out the slides, it was worth it!!!




4 comments:

Peck Family said...

cute little ballerina bum:) That was a fun idea you had.

Jandee said...

Cute pics of the girls. I like the Easter basket cake- creative.
Dusty is home . . . We should get together before you guys head off to Detroit. -jandee
bty I still have some Addy size gold shoes and a Hope size binki!

leslie jo said...

soo cute to see your fam growing up soo fast. I can't believe how fast times flies. Looks like you have been having fun... Best Wishes in Detroit!

Rebecca said...

It looks like you have been very busy...but having a lot of fun. You did a great job on your cake (I wish I was so talented). Anyway, hope all is well.