Sunday, August 31, 2008

New York and Detroit

Hello from Detroit City!
So I've been in Detroit for a week now. It's actually a pretty sweet place. The weather this time of year is nice. The ward I've been going to is full of great people; including Jenny and Scott Salmon who are out here doing residency. I just drove by a GM truck manufacturing plant. It was deserted. Although I don't know if it was just because of the Labor day weekend or if it was because the plant was shut down. I did a long run on Saturday at this sweet park. I didn't take any pictures, but here are a couple pics from the world wide web. It was a big loop around a sweet lake. There was even a sandy beach and a little water park on the shore. Tons of people were walking, running, and biking on the path. Here's a couple pics:



This weekend has been crazy. There is a festival called Arts, Eats, and Beats in Pontiac. Right outside my window bands start blasting from noon until 2 am. It is loud and obnoxious. I have included in the slide show a picture from my window.



While I was in Philly, I hopped on a train to New York City. It took about an hour and a half, and I was at Penn Station. I took my running clothes and did a long run in Central park. I love New York City. Saturday morning, the park was full of runners, bikers, ect. It also had a lot of ladies sunbathing. So yah, the "scenery" was really nice... and the park was nice too.

6 comments:

Allie said...

Hey this is Jody North. I'm Kim's sister in law. I was the one that talked to you about St. George at Kim's baby shower, but I was wondering if maybe you have found out anything from your dad or if I could even have his phone number.
Thanks again.
Jody

Aubree and/or Addy :) and sometimes Craig said...

Sure, do you mind leaving your email? I'll send you his # and give you some info. Thanks!

Aubree and/or Addy :) and sometimes Craig said...

Nice post craig. Glad you had some "distractions" on your long run. That always makes the time go faster! Although next time you go for that kind of distraction, I'll give you a Major Payne type of distraction, if you know what I mean.
Glad you're having fun and living the dream. Wish we were with you.

Allie said...

My email is Gjnorth@gmail.com
Thanks again.
Jody

The Hamlin Family said...

HAHAHA...Sounds like Craig is missing you Aubree!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you have been to two states that I haven't. Don't you know that I'm the traveling person in the family?