Thursday, December 4, 2008

Politics 2008

I got this from my Aunt Vanna who copied them from Human Events:

Every year, one of Washington's favorite political bloggers, Howard Mortman, compiles a top-10 list of funniest (if not pathetic) quotes uttered by our politicians. Without further ado, the 2008 honorees:

10. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, on what squirrel tastes like: "It tastes like squirrel."

9. Former Sen. John Edwards on cheating on Elizabeth Edwards: "Can I explain to you what happened? First of all, it happened during a period after she was in remission from cancer."

8. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat: "I have always loved longitude. I love latitude; it's in the stars. But longitude, it's about time."

7. President Bush, meeting with President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo of the Philippines: "I reminded the president that I am reminded of the great talent of the -- of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House."

6. President-elect Barack Obama: "Can you imagine if you had your Social Security invested in the stock market these last two weeks? These last two months? You wouldn't need Social Security. You'd be having a -- you know like, what was it, 'Sanford and Son,' 'I'm coming, Weezie.' It ain't right."

5. Vice President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr., hearing testimony from Gen. David Petraeus:

Gen. Petraeus: "Senator, the vice president was in Iraq just a couple weeks after that, and he also had a very warm reception."

Mr. Biden: "Did he get kissed? Get a kiss?"

Gen. Petraeus: "I believe he did get kissed when he was there."

Mr. Biden: "I just want to know whether he got kissed, that's all."

4. Sen. John McCain: "We should be able to deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies."

3. Gov. Sarah Palin, being interviewed by CBS news anchor Katie Couric:

Miss Couric: "[W]hat newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?"

Mrs. Palin: "I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media."

Miss Couric: "What, specifically?"

Mrs. Palin: "Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years."

2. MSNBC's Chris Matthews: "It's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."

1. Former President Bill Clinton: "The country is groaning and moaning and screaming for change."

No comments: